National Sales Head at Times Internet Limited
Apr 2012 - Present
• Profit Centre responsibility for the entire product. Increasing visibility of the brand and generating advertising revenue by devising innovative methods of capturing the advertiser’s attention using a combination of Print, Internet, and on ground promotions. • Responsible for developing sales plans, leading & developing a team of sales personnel, and reporting sales performance to management • To constantly assess the market potential, explore new ideas for market expansion and conceptualize and launch new sub-brands targeted at selected segments. • Proactively prospect, quality, build solutions, negotiate & coordinate servicing of clients. • Achieve targeted revenues by maximizing the revenue generated from existing and well as developing new advertising clients • Ensure that all advertising revenue streams are maximized by executing the sales & client acquisition strategy. • Handled effectively the Print edition, Digital Portfolio and On-Ground event and monetized 10 Cr of business annualy increasing the revenue by 100% annually for 3 Years consistently.
Area Sales Manager at SBI Card (A JV of GE Capital and State Bank of India)
Jun 2010 - Apr 2012
• I took over a struggling business unit and turned it around in a short-span of less than a year by growing customer acquisition by 3X+. • Scripted the biggest turnaround in SBI Cards to revive Delhi region by achieving 249% growth in business volume over previous year. • Achieved 115% of new accounts target, 175% of premium card target & 303% achievement on insurance cross-sell. • Conceptualize, create and manage multi-distribution sales models tuned to different cobrand partners. • Launched a strategy for driving new business that comprised of identifying most profitable, viable segment for the sourcing mix.
Relationship Manager at HDFC BANK LIMITED
Mar 2008 - Jun 2010
• Handling open market channel . • Provide training and all kind of support to increase Business and productivity. • Regular visit and guideline to channels / DSA. • Monitoring MIS and penetration level. • Monitoring PPD updation as per the bank norms. • Sourcing of Business by Open market Model Setup. • Responsible for the achieving the target assigned to the channel . • Responsible for the recruitment and training of the officers. • Responsible for running the channels as cost-effective centres within the given COA.
Summer Intern at Cholamandalam DBS Finance Limited
Mar 2007 - Apr 2007
Worked on developing a promotional mix for the STPL offering of the company. It was achieved by planning a strategy for branding of the company in the Delhi NCR region and creating awareness about the short ticket personal loan offering of the company.
Student Chief - Placement Committee at Birla Institute of Management Technology
Jul 2006 - Feb 2008
- Arrange for Placement Activities on campus. - Corporate visits, tele calling to various HR departments. - Managing college brand identity at various forums involving college-corporate interactions.
Executive Trainee at American Express Bank TRS Limited
Jan 2006 - May 2006
• Evaluation with regional ATL media and implementation. • Driving BTL Activities through BSMs. • Measuring Marketing effectiveness on activities, campaigns, initiatives. • New Branch launch pre-marketing. • Identifying prospective clients, generating business from the existing clientele. • Building and maintaining healthy business relations with major corporate and HNI clients, ensuring maximum customer satisfaction by achieving delivery & quality norms.
Marketing Executive at Unisoft Computers and Electronics Industry
Oct 2004 - Oct 2005
• Working as field executive for sales of computer hardware. • Attending customer queries over the counter and on field as well as in kiosks set up at various IT fairs. • Servicing customer complaints by handling initial hardware problems. • Responsible for converting qualifying leads to actual sales by post event telecalling. • Servicing after sales support of computer spare parts like UPS, Mouse, Floppy Discs, Annual Maintenance Check Ups.. • Recommending and installing software requirements as per the desired sales road map and ensuring revenue drive across Games, Entertainment and Education softwares.
EPSMM at Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
Mar 2011 - Feb 2012
1 Year Executive Education on Sales and Marketing from IIM Lucknow, Noida Campus.
PGDM at Birla Institute of Management Technology
Mar 2006 - Feb 2008
Full Time - 2 Year Residential MBA in Marketing and Finance.
Bachelor of Commerce (Honors) at Khallikote Autonomous College
May 2002 - Feb 2005
3 Year on Campus Full Time Graduation with Accountancy Honors. College Topper from a Government Autonomous College.
Indian Institute of Management - Kashipur
> Visiting Industry Faculty for Sales and Business Development
Winner of CEO Aspire Award at Times Internet
Amongst the Handful Few to Have received this honor for 3 Times. > First for Sales Performance of the Speaking Tree, sourcing from non-agency clients on Feb 2011. > Second For Outstanding Sales Performance in Akasha 2, the on-ground mega event of The Speaking Tree on Nov 2014. > And Finally For Successfully Organising the 2nd Edition of the Mega On-Ground Wellness Event - Akasha 2, at The Epicentre, Gurgaon.
Birla Institute of Management Technology
> Visiting Faculty for Digital Marketing > Member of the elite Interview Panel of Industry Experts for Summer Trainee Viva Voce