National Sales Head - The Speaking Tree (Print & Digital) at Times Internet Limited
Times Internet Limited
> Performance driven sales strategist with proven ability and experience of about 9 years to achieve and succeed all revenue and business development goals in high-pressure environments. > Innovative & Self- motivated with recognized proficiency in spearheading Business/Sales /BD with an aim to accomplish desired plans and targeted goals successfully. > Demonstrative excellence in conceptualizing and implementing various business strategies. > Proven skills in associating with Significant contribution in brand building, setting up processes and marketing through a synergic set of communication activities internal and external, with Risk taking abilities. > Expertise in handling all sales & marketing / business development activities, analysing market trends & establishing healthy & prolonged business relations with clients, thereby ensuring higher penetration & increase market share. > Proficient in leading dedicated teams for running successful Sales & Business development and experience of developing procedures and service standards for business excellence.
National Sales Head, Times Internet Limited
Apr 2012 to Present
• Profit Centre responsibility for the entire product. Increasing visibility of the brand and generating advertising revenue by devising innovative methods of capturing the advertiser’s attention using a combination of Print, Internet, and on ground promotions. • Responsible for developing sales plans, leading & developing a team of sales personnel, and reporting sales performance to management • To constantly assess the market potential, explore new ideas for market expansion and conceptualize and launch new sub-brands targeted at selected segments. • Proactively prospect, quality, build solutions, negotiate & coordinate servicing of clients. • Achieve targeted revenues by maximizing the revenue generated from existing and well as developing new advertising clients • Ensure that all advertising revenue streams are maximized by executing the sales & client acquisition strategy. • Handled effectively the Print edition, Digital Portfolio and On-Ground event and monetized 10 Cr of business annualy increasing the revenue by 100% annually for 3 Years consistently.
Area Sales Manager, SBI Card (A JV of GE Capital and State Bank of India)
Jun 2010 to Apr 2012
• I took over a struggling business unit and turned it around in a short-span of less than a year by growing customer acquisition by 3X+. • Scripted the biggest turnaround in SBI Cards to revive Delhi region by achieving 249% growth in business volume over previous year. • Achieved 115% of new accounts target, 175% of premium card target & 303% achievement on insurance cross-sell. • Conceptualize, create and manage multi-distribution sales models tuned to different cobrand partners. • Launched a strategy for driving new business that comprised of identifying most profitable, viable segment for the sourcing mix.
Relationship Manager, HDFC BANK LIMITED
Mar 2008 to Jun 2010
• Handling open market channel . • Provide training and all kind of support to increase Business and productivity. • Regular visit and guideline to channels / DSA. • Monitoring MIS and penetration level. • Monitoring PPD updation as per the bank norms. • Sourcing of Business by Open market Model Setup. • Responsible for the achieving the target assigned to the channel . • Responsible for the recruitment and training of the officers. • Responsible for running the channels as cost-effective centres within the given COA.
Summer Intern, Cholamandalam DBS Finance Limited
Mar 2007 to Apr 2007
Worked on developing a promotional mix for the STPL offering of the company. It was achieved by planning a strategy for branding of the company in the Delhi NCR region and creating awareness about the short ticket personal loan offering of the company.
Student Chief - Placement Committee, Birla Institute of Management Technology
Jul 2006 to Feb 2008
- Arrange for Placement Activities on campus. - Corporate visits, tele calling to various HR departments. - Managing college brand identity at various forums involving college-corporate interactions.
Executive Trainee, American Express Bank TRS Limited
Jan 2006 to May 2006
• Evaluation with regional ATL media and implementation. • Driving BTL Activities through BSMs. • Measuring Marketing effectiveness on activities, campaigns, initiatives. • New Branch launch pre-marketing. • Identifying prospective clients, generating business from the existing clientele. • Building and maintaining healthy business relations with major corporate and HNI clients, ensuring maximum customer satisfaction by achieving delivery & quality norms.
Marketing Executive, Unisoft Computers and Electronics Industry
Oct 2004 to Oct 2005
• Working as field executive for sales of computer hardware. • Attending customer queries over the counter and on field as well as in kiosks set up at various IT fairs. • Servicing customer complaints by handling initial hardware problems. • Responsible for converting qualifying leads to actual sales by post event telecalling. • Servicing after sales support of computer spare parts like UPS, Mouse, Floppy Discs, Annual Maintenance Check Ups.. • Recommending and installing software requirements as per the desired sales road map and ensuring revenue drive across Games, Entertainment and Education softwares.
EPSMM, Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
Mar 2011 to Feb 2012
1 Year Executive Education on Sales and Marketing from IIM Lucknow, Noida Campus.
PGDM, Birla Institute of Management Technology
Mar 2006 to Feb 2008
Full Time - 2 Year Residential MBA in Marketing and Finance.
Bachelor of Commerce (Honors), Khallikote Autonomous College
May 2002 to Feb 2005
3 Year on Campus Full Time Graduation with Accountancy Honors. College Topper from a Government Autonomous College.