As an accomplished Corporate Trainer & Hospitality Professional with 22+ years’ comprehensive experience in developing and delivering dynamic learning materials and curriculum while managing multiple projects and programs concurrently, I would significantly contribute to the success of your team’s objectives. My background lies in Corporate Training & Development, Hotel Management and F&B Service with demonstrated success in leveraging educational theories and methodologies to facilitate staff and management knowledge across a variety of topics.
I offer a proven ability to develop and execute training programs that target both new and existing employees, working to improve performance, capacity, quality, service, and bottom-line results. Additionally, I am highly skilled in communicating complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences including employees, internal & external clients, stakeholders and vendors. Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
• Utilizing expert instructional design theory and delivery knowledge to facilitate client comprehension and provide consistently superior learning experiences.
• Playing a key role as a member of the pre-opening training team that successfully launched the award winning 220 keys premium Hotel by the Taj Group – The Taj Clubhouse, Chennai, in 2007.
• Leveraging keen aptitude for program design and development, along with excellent problem-solving and data management skills, to ensure program success and effectiveness.
• Awarded winner of the Wine Spectator (USA) Restaurant Recognition Award in 2004 & 2005.
• Earning a Hospitality Trainer American Hotel & Motel Association Certification in 2011 and a Diploma in Hotel Management Catering Technology & Applied Nutrition in 1996.
• Familiar with emerging technologies and their use in an instructional environment with the ability to learn new technologies quickly and to teach them to others.
• Exceptional analytical abilities, writing and oral skills for creating effective training guidelines and programs and collaborating with experts for delivery of specialized areas and information.
With my proven track record of creating effective and results-producing training programs while directing numerous simultaneous projects to achieve organizational goals, I am positioned to greatly exceed your expectations for this role and substantially benefit your organization.
Trainer, Consultant and Enabler - Freelance at Freelance
Jan 2018 - Present
• Empanelled Trainer with Skills Academy (Tata Institute of Social Sciences) for B. Voc Course on Hotel Management. • Conducted Facilitative Workshop for Employee productivity at Tata Power (SED) • Content Creation and Service Design for Clients.
Head - Training & Development - Behavioural and Technical at Kaya Limited
Feb 2014 - Jan 2018
• Headed a pan India team of 25 trainers overseeing Training & Development (both Behavioural and Technical) for employees across 102 clinics and 127 retail outlets. • Successfully decentralised the training model from a centralised one and thereby saving operational costs that affected the bottom line. • Trained over 1000 employees including Doctors on soft skills, customer service and sales skills which had a demonstrated impact on NPS and Revenue. • Certified and upgraded the strategic and aspirational competencies of my team members through in-house and outbound programs. • Facilitated numerous process changes to embrace efficiency and created content for training, manuals and SOPs. • Conducted Assessment Centres for developing and identifying competencies. Instituted the CREDO concept for Customer Experience. • Handled and made training budget for the entire organisation which was over 1 Cr • Responsible reviewing and reporting for P&L for training centres operating across India (Delhi, Kolkata, Bangalore, Pune, Mumbai & Chennai) • Increased profitability (and decreased training raw material cost) of Training Centres by recreating material needed for treatments through inhouse vendors at lower cost. • Led process improvement teams that reduced the TAT for training of therapist by 16% • Successfully conducted four, week-long annual Training conclave for 25 Trainers every year from 2014 – 2017 and recertified trainers on New Skills, Training Methodology, Soft Skills and Presentation Skills. • Initiated Beta testing of e Learning and LMS platforms with various service providers to find the most suitable approach to Kaya’s IT strategy. • Vendor Evaluation for new product and service integration for New Age Facials, Hair Regen and other programs • Monthly review of P&L and decision to allocate or withhold funds to regions for new trainings as per TNA.
Training Manager at Taj Hotels Palaces Resorts Safaris
Dec 2006 - Jun 2013
• Creating L & D strategy, L & D calendar, L&D budgets and monitoring L&D processes for smooth functioning of the Training Department. • Conducted Training Need Analysis and Competency Mapping for the organisation. • Pre- opening training in charge for a 5 Star hotel in Chennai. • Conducting and delivering workshops. • Campus lead for hiring and selecting. Engaging with training vendors for training and training software. • SPOC and Training Auditor for Global Quality Initiative like HACCP, OHASS and TBEM
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager and Various Operational Role in F& B Department at Indian Hotels Company Limited
Jun 1996 - Nov 2006
• Launched award winning restaurants and bars at Taj Connemara Chennai (Wine Spectator Award, Times Good Food Award 2005, Great Places to Dine Award) • Handled outdoor caterings for 5000+ guests for MNCs. • Launched award winning All Day Dining Restaurant - The HUB at Taj Bengal Kolkata and won the Best Growth for New Outlet Award the same year. • Compiled and created wine list with international Sommeliers. • Planned and executed food festivals with visiting International Chefs. • Responsible for departmental strategy, budgeting and staffing
PGDBA, Marketing at Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies
May 2006 - May 2010
Management degree in Marketting
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), English Literature (British and Commonwealth) at Indira Gandhi National Open University
May 1998 - May 2000
Bachelor of English
Diploma in Catering Science, Hotel/Motel Administration/Management GradeB at Institute of Hotel Management
Jun 1993 - Jun 1996
Activities and Societies: Cultural Committee Co-ordinator Food & Beverage Service, Food Production, Front Office Operations and House Keeping Operations as Majors as well as Management, Finance, Sales & Marketing, French, Accountancy and Food Science & Nutrition