The very idea of earning money at home's comfort sounds excellent and if not that, extra money always sounds right and one of the quickest jobs that can get you that kind of money is content writing. But there are just too many questions to answer, let me break down entire content writing world for you- for both full and part-time.
What is Content Writing?
As the name suggests Content writing is about writing things on the web (mostly). Now content cannot be just for blog or site; it can be for a product, podcast, video, and even people make money by writing Instagram captions. Content writers are a bunch of people who have cracked how search engines work, and they create content which consumers can easily read, understand and even share at times.
What are Qualifications for Content Writing?
There are no such qualifications required to be a content writer, but proper firms prefer people with Bachelors or masters in Communication, English, Journalism or creative writing. No one will want to hire a person with Bachelors in Stats to write content for Beauty website. There are a lot of online courses you can take up to polish your skills like in Website designing, blogging, Wikis, electronic writing, etc.
How much to Charge?
These are the charging trends I have seen in the industry, however, different companies charge in different ways.
* Experience should be of 3-5 Years working in an industry similar to theirs.
** PS: Free feel to add more details about how much content writers are paid by qualification, nature of job and experience.
How to get projects?
1. Freelancer websites: Sites like Upwork, Freelancer, etc. have series of projects available on them and you can negotiate and bid on it.
2. Open platforms: Platforms like schoopwhoop, BuzzFeed are open platforms where you send articles items and you are paid for the one they publish.
3. Search: LinkedIn, Naukridotcom, Angeldotco, etc. have full and part-time job options available.
How to Build Portfolio:-
Write following forms of content as a Portfolio
1. One well researched long-form content
2. One easy eat short form content
3. One Technical Article
4. List of articles which were published online
Don't Make These Blunders:-
1. Do not Copy your content from somewhere.
2. Do not release project without grammar check
3. Do not release project without a proofread.
4. Do not think you cannot escape writer's block.
5. If project is big or you are too small, write for free.