When uncovering your prospect's problem/requirement, STOP accepting responses like:
- We want to save time
- We want to be more productive
- We want to be more efficient
- We want to save money etc.,
You may have a product/service which can meet these and you think you have won this deal? you can be WRONG.
Dig deeper until you get a specific definition of their statements like:
- We want to save 30mins minimum while executing a process
- We want the management's report in just 60 secs compared to a day now
- We want to complete 10 tasks against 6 tasks that are happening currently
- We want to save at least $100K in the next 5 years or so
Only now, you'll know if your offering can meet these specifics or not. If Yes, your chances of closing are definitely high and in case of No, you better spend time with other prospects.