Vice President Finance at Madhav Corp
Jun 2015 - Present
Looking after Fund Raising, Banking Relations, Structured Transactions, Investor Relations, Business Development, Business Modelling and Corporate Finance functions. Contributes to the fund raising and business development functions of Madhav Corp
Senior Manager (Corporate Finance) at Astonfield Renewables Private Limited
Apr 2013 - May 2015
• Heading Financial Modelling, Fund Raising, Treasury and Investor Relations functions for the Group. • In-charge of Project Execution in International Markets and Business Development for the Group • Finalization of business models and bid submissions for state bidding / National tie up programs • Arrangement of non-fund based limits for the bidding process • Finalization of PPA and EPC Contracts for upcoming Solar Power projects. • Preparation of project reports and replies to lending appraisal related queries. • Engage prospect investors for equity capital to Solar Power Assets • Raise Term Loans in Domestic and Foreign currencies from Banks / NBFCs. • Maintain relationship with various Investors / Banks / NBFCs for new and existing businesses. • Finalization of documents (for Equity and Debt capital) for Solar Power projects. • Manage investments of free Cash flows from various power plants • Identify and execute financial risk management products for capital of existing plants. • Consolidate Group’s Business plans for attracting in Management Company / Promoter Company of the Group. • Identify various Greenfield / M&A avenues for the expanding business horizons of the Group. • Review Business Development, Investor Relations and Operational Performance functions • Plan and execute Operational, Financial and Management Strategies for Group Business.
Manager (Corporate Finance) at GMR Infrastructure Limited
Jul 2012 - Apr 2013
• Managing Treasury and Structured Funding Initiatives (Syndication to Disbursement) to Group businesses • Managing Reporting of Corporate Funding Initiatives and Investor Relations updates to stakeholders • Monitor fund requirements in terms of debt and equity for each asset and holding company. • Recommend bankable structures for each of the structured lending proposal. • Identify and execute financial risk management products for Operating businesses. • Maintain relations with various credit rating agencies towards periodic information dissemination to external stakeholders • Make internal presentations to the management about current debt positions of the group and latest development in the current Banking scenario.
Deputy General Manager (Corporate Finance) at Sandesara Group
Jun 2009 - Jun 2012
• Heading business development, contract management and treasury functions for the Greenfield port. • Heading Financial Modeling, Fund Raising and Treasury for Oil E&P, Power Project, Ports and SEZs • Contract Management & Business Development for Dry, Break-Bulk, Liquid, Container Cargoes at Ports & SEZs. • Supporting Techno-Commercial functions of Project Management for Ports and SEZs. • Development of Detailed Financial & Operational Plan for the Business • Identify and engage various Banks / NBFCs for raising seed and growth capital for the Business • Managing relations with Investors and Lenders. • Identify and execute financial risk management products on Oil Sales revenue towards incremental development of the oil fields. • Closed finances worth INR 1375 Crores from consortium of Banks led by Andhra Bank for construction of Oil Wells in Nigeria • Raised debt of USD 1.6 Billion from consortium of Bankers led by State Bank of India, London by discounting cash flows of Oil production in Nigeria • Identify sites for Development of Greenfield Power Project • Propose and execute Fuel Procurement, Construction and Power Supply arrangements for upcoming Power Plant • Prepare and present to technical and commercial benefits from the Power project. • Raised debt of INR 4000 Crores from consortium of bankers led by IDBI Bank • Propose and finalize Operational and Commercial plans for the upcoming Port • Preparation of Detailed Project Report and pitch approval by the Maritime Board • Preparation of Information Memorandum towards its acceptance by consortium of Lenders • Facilitate documentation requirements for Debt syndication • Maintain lender relations for construction progress and cargo tie-ups • Engage and finalize prospect customers of various cargoes • Raised debt of INR 1750 Crores from consortium of Bankers led by State Bank of India and Andhra Bank. • Develop business plans for all utilities of Multi product SEZ • Engage and finalize prospect customers for variety of business volumes. • Raised debt of INR 992 Crores from consortium of Bankers led by UCO Bank • Planning and Fund raising for setting up of new gelatin manufacturing unit • Capacity and Product overhaul planning for existing manufacturing unit • Raised INR 500 Crores from UCO Bank
Financial Planning and Analysis Manager at AES Corporation
Jun 2008 - May 2009
• Heading Management reporting using Comshare, GP, FRx and TM1 facilitating management decisions to rejuvenate performance of Power Plant • Supporting Goodwill Impairment and Annual Budgets formulation for an Operating Power Plant • Reporting monthly and quarterly financial and operational performance of the Power Plant using Comshare • Using FRx to make reports for monthly call with regional and global management. • Make an adaptative business model to facilitate upgrade of operational performance • Management of free cash flows from plant for upstreaming to Global parent. • Layout long term Business Operation Plan using Great Plains (GP). • Goodwill impairment to be accounted on the books of the business as part of the capital expenditure incurred towards rehabilitation of the plant. • Monitored debt of USD 600 Million from IFC, ADB and Commercial Banks of Phillipines.
Assistant Manager - Finance at Torrent Power Limited
May 2005 - May 2008
• Supported execution of Fuel Supply & Transport Contracts and Power Purchase Agreements • Tariff-based bidding for New Power Projects (Generation plants & Distribution Circles) • Load Forecasting and Financial Analysis using MS Excel, SPSS, Palisade and TSP • Preparation of business models for generation projects (Coal, Gas & Hydro), distribution circles. • Finalization of Regulatory filings for approval of capital cost and financing plan & transmission license • Formulation to signing for fuel procurement & power purchase agreements • Load Forecasting and Financial Analysis using MS Excel, SPSS, Palisade and TSP for power plants • Periodic management discussion with EPC Contractors, Stakeholders and on Construction of power plant. • Monitored debt of INR 2167 Crores lent by consortium of bankers led by IDFC.
Post Graduate Diploma in Management at Nirma Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
Jul 2003 - Mar 2005
Bachelor of Electrical Engineering at Faculty of Technology and Engineering, Maharaja Sayajirao University of Vadodara
Aug 1999 - Apr 2003