My current role:
I have been a keen student of cyber-security and a trainer for various information security certificates that I hold. There is an acute awareness about the lack of trained cyber-security professionals in India. I now plan to mentor persons keen to acquire knowledge, develop skills and achieve certifications for cyber-security. I will be happy to help students, IT and non-IT professionals with interest in cyber-security to acquire attributes necessary to become a cyber-security professional.
My training experience in brief is as below:
- CISSP Lead Instructor for ISC2 for almost 10 years
- COBIT 5 Accredited Instructor for COBIT 5 Fundamentals, Implementation and Assessor courses
- ISO 27001 Lead Instructor
- Instructor for various ISACA certifications like CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC
- Speaker at various conferences on topics ranging from cybersecurity to IT Governance
Following is the list certificates that I acquired and maintain
ISACA Certificates: CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC
COBIT Foundation, Implementation, Assessor
ISC2 Certificates: CISSP, CSSLP
SANS Certificates: GSEC, GCIH
Cloud Security Alliance: CCSK
CSX Cybersecurity Fundamentals
I have written a number of articles about information security in various publications like Technology & Risk, Information Week, CSI Communications, PC Quest, Data Quest.
I also co-authored two books –
• Securing Sensitive Personal Data or Information using COBIT 5 for India’s IT Act
• RBI Guidelines Mapping With COBIT® 5
As ISACA Volunteer
- Mumbai Chapter, Vice President: 1996 to 1998, President: 1999 to 2001,
- ISACA’s Harold Weiss Award for 2005, “Given to Recognize Dedication to the IS Audit, Control and Security Profession”.
- Vice President ISACA International Board 2006-2007 & 2007-2008